We received a wonderful package of goodies - 4 flavors of snack sized ice cream bars, a tea set and some fabulous hats and fascinators.
Maggie decided it wouldn't be a proper tea party without fancy shoes, so we decided to decorate flip flops with the girls.
We dug through our craft supplies and pulled together an assortment of pom poms, feathers, googly eyes, paint, tape, flowers and ribbon and let the girls get to work creating.
The girls had a great time decorating the shoes, some went for a simple look while other went all out and covered every surface of the shoe.
After decorating the girls enjoyed some snacks and played games. The ice cream came out when the moms came to pick the girls up, so moms, girls and siblings got to enjoy this delicious treat. While I usually don't believe in messing with perfection, and Cadbury Ice Cream bars are pretty perfect just the way they are, I did jazz up some of the bars. A brushing of strawberry syrup, recipe below, and then a quick dunk in a bowl of sprinkles made these already wonderful treats even more festive.
It was a great way to spend a summer afternoon and a wonderful opportunity to catch up with good friends.
- 1 cup diced strawberries
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 8 bars Blue Bunny Cadbury Royal Dark ice cream bars, unwrapped
- 1 cup sprinkles (or your favorite topping - chopped nuts, flaked coconut, chocolate candies, etc.)
- Line a small baking sheet with wax paper, set aside. Pour sprinkles into a flat dish, set aside
- In a blender or food processor combine strawberries, sugar and cornstarch, blend until smooth.
- Brush strawberry puree over all sides of ice cream bars. Gently press bars into bowl of sprinkles, coating completely. Place on baking sheet. Chill bars for at least 30 minutes before serving.