Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Cinnamon Rolls

I am always attracted to cinnamon roll recipes, I'm always attracted to cinnamon rolls (my mid section can prove that).  Two years ago I did cinnamon rolls as Christmas gifts, they were fun gifts, but a lot of work, making batch after batch.  Shortly after I had spent weeks and weeks making cinnamon rolls I came across The Pioneer Woman's recipe.  It sounded amazing, but then again she makes everything sound amazing.  I filed the recipe away, but never got around to making them, now I'm wondering why I waited so long.  For the past two years when I wanted cinnamon rolls I stuck to my usual small batch recipe.  Oh what a fool I was.  Spending just a few hours making enough dough for about 5 dozen rolls is definitely the smarter option. Now when I want cinnamon rolls I pull frozen dough out of the freezer the night before and awake the having freshly proofed cinnamon rolls waiting to go in the oven, it's the way life should be.
This past Christmas, I need a few more gifts and was tired of making fudge and cookies, so I turned to the cinnamon rolls.  I was a little hesitant because wasn't sure if I would have enough room to work with such a large batch of dough and I was also a  little skeptical that these would be as easy as Ree said, but she was right, they went together quickly and easily.  Once the dough is made the rolls are made working in small batches, which is really nice because you can do a variety of flavors.  On my first run through with this dough I did just cinnamon rolls.  On my second batch, yes I have already made it twice - making up for lost time - I mixed it up.  I did some cinnamon and keeping the maple theme going I also made some maple walnut using more of my maple sugar stash .  I am now a convert and these will probably be in my freezer at all times, so if you ever need a cinnamon roll, come on over, they are delicious!

2 comments:

  1. I am going to have to try these. I just tried and easiest white bread from her site and it was amazing blogfrog follow. I also love to bake
    http://pattibear.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did try these and they were amazing... the boys loved them. thank yu for the link to the rolls
    http://pattibear.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete