Friday, January 7, 2011

Peanut Butter Comfort

Tonight was one of those nights where there was a lot of screaming, everyone - big and small - had a tantrum of some sort and by the time the kids were finally asleep I was done, I needed a little pick me up.  There weren't any fresh baked treats in the kitchen and I didn't have the energy to spend a lot of time making something, so I went to my old standbys, peanut butter and chocolate.
I needed something warm and gooey, peanut butter on a spoon wasn't going to cut it.  It was time to go to an old favorite, peanut butter and toast with chocolate chips.  I like to think of this as the first recipe I ever developed.  I started making it for my afternoon snack in elementary school and it has remained my go to comfort food.  It is a classic combination, good at any time day or night, and it can be fixed in a matter of minutes providing a little bit of warmth and comfort when it is needed most.

No comments:

Post a Comment