Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cake

 This month was my first bake along with The Cake Slice bloggers.  We are baking from "Cake Keeper Cakes" by Lauren Chattman and this months selection was Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cake.  I love pumpkin and would have liked a little more pumpkin kick, but overall the cake was, flavorful, tender and moist. I didn't have semisweet chocolate chips in the house, which is very odd since I usually have about 3 bags, so I used Ghirardelli dark chocolate, the size and flavor of the chips were overwhelming, so I need to make it again with the right chips to give the cake a fair chance.   I was also working with an assistant who insisted he could prep the pan, unfortunately some spots were missed and we lost about half of the cake.  I will definitely give the cake another try, but I'm not sure it will replacement for the receipe I usually use. 

9 comments:

  1. Hard to find good help - maybe you're not paying enough!!!!!

    Cake looks lovely and moist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I just assumed the semisweet chips were the same as dark chocolate. We only have dark chocolate or milk chocolate here really. Should I have used milk chocolate chips?

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry about losing half the cake! At least it still looks yummy! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a bummer about losing some of it - it does look delish though :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found that mini chocolate chips gave just the right amount of chocolate to the cake. Sorry that yours stuck a little bit but I am sure that it still tasted great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can imagine that the dark chocolate chips were a bit overwhelming. Sorry you lost half the cake! Hopefully your helper can learn from this experience. ;-) The cake looks good though. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your cake looks delicious. Shame it stuck to the pan a bit but this is a good excuse to eat the 'crumbs' with your fingers :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sure the lost half is still delicious eaten off from the pan. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. maybe next time you can just leave the chocolate out all together so you taste more of the pumpkin flavor? looks good though!

    ReplyDelete