Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Squash Risotto

I love squash, and am always looking for new ways to use it.  Last night I made a quick curried squash risotto.  When planning the menu for the week I found a risotto receipe and used that as the base idea.  I sauteed squash, garlic and onions in butter and olive oil. 
 While that was cooking I made the risotto using a combination of vegetable and chicken stock, I had leftovers in the fridge.  Just before the risotto was finished I added some ginger, golden raisins and sliced almonds.  When the squash was soft I combined everything and served it with some leftover chicken and bread, I had french bread, naan would have been much better, but naan is always the best. 


It was a good receipe, but a little coconut milk would have been a nice addition to the squash.  Definitely a receipe to keep in mind for a quick weeknight meal.  I used carnival squash, but any type of  winter squash would work.

No comments:

Post a Comment